24 Kasım 2015 Salı

Basic Design - Exercise 8 (Final)







In final design, I used 1 group which has 2 rectangles (3x6 cm),  2 squares (3cm),                           1 "L" (6x9 - 3x6),  2 "L"(6x6 - 3x3),  2 "L" (3x3 - 1.5x1.5). This group is repeated 12 times.
I didn't need to use another group. Because this one is enough to achieve a void flow and a complex design.
I used mesh only for one of the squares with a length of 3 cm. Having this material once in each group makes the groups perceivable -they can be counted just by following the mesh squares.
I used balsa twice in each group for the smallest "L"s. These smallest Ls are used to create small voids between groups when they come together  and to define partially open parts in a group. This role can be seen by the emphasis of balsa.
While creating this group, I focused on defining voids. I thought about not only the void flow in group, but also the relations between groups and void flow, so I tried to make the group ready to connect to the other in such a way they would create new void and be a part of the void flow. This helped to achieve unity. 
I used different connections. I tried to avoid unplanned voids which are made by the relation of two groups- not intentionally.
Two examples of the connections I ued are these:








Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder