24 Kasım 2015 Salı

Basic Design - Exercise 8 (1)

In this exercise, we were asked to make 3D design by using at least 93 2D shapes of any dimensions. We had 3 materials: cardboard, mesh and balsa. Expectation was defining voids that are in an orderly relationship with each other.

Firstly, I searched the new concept -void- and thought about the use of it. I tried to define voids between parallel elements.

I created one group and used it 12 times with different dimensions. The group consists of 6 rectangles and 1 square.
I used 3 dimensions of this group (each dimension is used 4 times) to make them display hierarchy.
 The biggest group:
3x  8x16 rectangles (cardboard)
1x  8x12 rectangle (cardboard)
2x  2x8 rectangle (balsa)
1x  8x8 square (mesh)
  Dimensions of the rectangles in other groups are 6x12 and 4x8 and the dimensions of other elements change proportionally. I also considered proportion while connecting two elements by slits.


I thought that the purpose of the use of mesh is to amplify void flow by its transparent surface. Thus, I connected the groups in such a way that the mesh in each group follow the other's. But later, I learned that the use of mesh is not different ftom that of cardboard in terms of tranparency.


I learned that the void between the slits and elements is too weak, so meaningless. And the dimension of balsa (for example 2x8 in the biggest group) is not a determined one because it looks like a line rather than a rectangle despite the ratio between the lenghts.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder