25 Ekim 2015 Pazar

Basic Design - Exercise 4



 

            In this exercise, we were given 5 planar elements of 9x9 cm, 7 rectangle elements of 9x13,5 cm, 4 isosceles right triangles with sides length 9 cm and 9 equilateral parallelograms with as 45 degree angle and a side of 9 cm.
            We had a new element: parallelogram, so I thought abought this element and its function at first .Then, I decided to use parallelograms to change the direction because it would be logical to benefit from the quality of the element.
            Because we have more elements, I used 3 different groups.The first group consists of 2 rectangles, 2 triangles and 2 parallelograms. I used this group 2 times.
            The second one consists of 1 rectangle, 1 square and 1 parallelogram. This group was not stable, so I needed to make strong connections to keep the balance. It is used 2 times.
         The last group has only 2 elements: 1 square and 1 parallelogram. I used this group to avoid keeping the design on a base. It was a good 'connector'.
         I divided most of the elements proportionally equal to keep stability. I cut some slits which didn't divide the edge of the element into two equal parts so that I could change the direction of the design by making strong connections. These connections were good for a stable design.
         I was not sure about the acute angle between two parallelograms and the number of the elements in the groups. After the discussion, I learnt that it was not a good idea to use only 2 elements in a group. I should have used more stable and well-organized groups.

 


                         






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder